Friday, June 24, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Thursday, June 9, 2011
The other day I went to Square Books to restock on my Moleskin journals, but instead my eye caught these bright Mississippi Field Note journals. They come in a pack of three and provide a plethora of Mississippi facts on the back cover. I really like the vintage/boyscout look of them.
So, I bought a pack (of 3) for myself, and then I decided to buy another pack as a gift for the eldest son of the family with whom I will be living as a fille au pair next year. I'm really proud of this gift because it's really hard to find gifts for 11 year-old boys!
I still need to find a gift for the little girl (age 7) and boy (age 4). Ideally I'd like to give them a little piece of Mississippi (like these notebooks). Any ideas?
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
So, it's summertime and I've had a lot of free time to......make lists of things I want. Here we go:
1. Isn't this Tangerine Kaftan from Topshop lovely? I really want it.
2. Big and Gold. That's all. Kenneth Jay Lane hammered gold necklace from Neiman Marcus.
3. This is more of a fall item, but I am looking forward to having a pair of Isabel Marant Dicker Boots for the fall in Paris.
4. This has been and will continue to be on my list for a long time unless someone decides to buy it for me or I inherit a lot of money from a long-lost relative. One day I will own a Chanel Quilted Lambskin handbag.
5. I recently bought my first bold red lipstick from Amy Head. As lovely as it is, I'm ready to upgrade to this Chanel #64, "Enthousiast."
Monday, June 6, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
In my last post I mentioned that I will be reading Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck this summer. I typically eat healthy meals, but as a college student my hectic schedule often pushed healthy recipes out the door. Now that I am a graduate (it still hasn't sunk in...), my goal is to re-inspire my menus with healthy and wholesome foods.
My friend Emily at Snacks and Desserts (which you should check out) has been a great inspiration. This week I tried her latest recipe, baked egg in tomato cup, and it was delicious. You can check out her recipe here. Below are pictures I took while making it. Basically, as it sounds, it is an egg in a tomato cup, with parmesan and a little slice of butter on top, then salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes based on how firm you want the yolk to be.