Thursday, June 2, 2011

real food

In my last post I mentioned that I will be reading Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck this summer.  I typically eat healthy meals, but as a college student my hectic schedule often pushed healthy recipes out the door.  Now that I am a graduate (it still hasn't sunk in...), my goal is to re-inspire my menus with healthy and wholesome foods.

My friend Emily at Snacks and Desserts (which you should check out) has been a great inspiration.  This week I tried her latest recipe, baked egg in tomato cup, and it was delicious.  You can check out her recipe here.  Below are pictures I took while making it.  Basically, as it sounds, it is an egg in a tomato cup, with parmesan and a little slice of butter on top, then salt and pepper.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes based on how firm you want the yolk to be. 

 I paired it with a quinoa salad I put together using cooked quinoa (obviously), green onions, kidney beans, black beans, whole kernel corn, and cilantro.  I made a sauce with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.  Yum.



1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious. Also, I like your friend's blog. I follow a couple other similar blogs on my Google Reader. They always have great recipe ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...