Wednesday, September 15, 2010

GR20

britannica.com

I am graduating in May (a;sldkjf!) and my parents and I have been discussing potential graduation presents.  Each idea has involved travel (my dear parents know me well).  The first idea is that I would go on a spring break trip with my little sister Constance to Italy and Greece.  But Constance doesn't want to go.  Let me repeat this:  Constance doesn't want to go to Italy and Greece for spring break.  I think she's nuts.  

Anyway, Corsica keeps coming back to my mind and I have decided that this is what I must do next summer (Dad, I hope you are reading this!): hike the GR20 in Corsica.  What is the GR20?  A 180-km trail that starts on the north coast of Corsica and hikes all the way down to the south coast.  In other words, going on this trip would involve a few days at the beach on the north coast, hiking for 15 days (in possibly some of the most beautiful scenery in the world), and then a few more days at the beach on the south coast...a.k.a: perfection.

corsica.forhikers.com

Wish me luck in convincing my parents to take me on this trip!  For those of you who are interested in hiking and climbing, check out my dad's new climbing blog here ! His latest trip was to Mount Hood in Oregon and Mount Rainier in Washington...he took great photos!

If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...