Thursday, August 19, 2010

yogi

Last night I went to a particularly difficult hot yoga class.  Even though I've been doing yoga on and off since I was 12 years old, I can't help but feel intimidated sometimes by those people who so easily lift themselves into a full handstand (and are able to hold it steadily), while I still work on my headstand.  It reminds me of a phrase I read on the blog Cocco Yoga...often I get the sense that those who do full handstands believe themselves to be "yogier than thou."  But maybe I feel that way because of my own inhibitions?  Anyway, I love my teachers at Southern Star Yoga and am very glad I bought a year-long membership.

I found this picture at cookiemag.com.  This little girl has such good form in upward dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...